LETS PLAY THE “TYPE THESE WORDS IN YOU R TAG BOX AND POST THE FIRST AUTOMATIC TAG THAT COMES UP” GAME: DIRTY WORD ADDITION OK
Tom Hiddleston is all Smiles wearing a Tuxedo on set of “Crimson Peak” in Toronto, Canada on April 23, 2014 [HQ]
*starts a fire in my kitchen*
*starts fire in my bedroom*
Omfg. Um. Hello there.
*Starts a fire in my pants!!!*
*gets trapped in lift*
The best part is that there’s a fairly decent chance, given the background of the photo (dry wilderness and scrub brush) that the firefighter in this picture is a Hotshot—
And Hotshots, along with Smoke-Jumpers, are sort of like… Okay. If firefighters are rockstars, Hot-Shots are Queen and Smoke-Jumpers are whatever Tony Stark uses to rev himself up for badassery.
Hotshots are elite firefighters who train extensively and are inserted into high-risk terrain in order to fight the fire on the ground.
In layman’s terms—if there’s a forest fire threatening your house, the hotshots are the dudes digging the fire trenches while whirling beams of fire snap give feet from them.
And then, then, there’s the Smoke-Jumpers. As their name implies, they jump smoke.
In layman’s terms—the fires the hotshots can’t reach by land? Those crazy fuckera PARACHUTE into forest fires.
Because jumping out of a plane isn’t scary enough, they do it in near-zero visibility, through scorching smoke, with the risk that the thermals and currents could blow them right into a burning tree, to pick a landing spot so they can then be in remote backwoods wilderness with minimal hope of rescue if something goes tits up.
So yeah. If this lady’s an urban firefighter she’s a huge badass. But if my guess is right and she’s a more elite unit, then I want to have her gay babies like, yesterday.
LOL OH MY GOD THE LAST ONE.
HOW HE JUST SHAKES HIS HEAD TERRIFIED LIKE NO NO NO NEVER.
This is seriously my new favorite youtuber I can’t stop watching his videos.
Watch till the very last part. It’s worth it.
wasn’t going to reblog it untiL THE ENDING
why am i reblogging this
THIS IS THE BEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN
These guys are amazing.
I’ve watched the whole thing before, and I’ll watch it again.
|—||America’s Rape Problem: We Refuse to Admit That There Is One by Jessica Valenti (via zubat)|
Women in Ancient Egypt
- Women and men in ancient Egypt enjoyed the same legal and economic rights. Women could divorce their husbands and remarry.
- Women and men were also subject to the same punishments.
- Women worked many of the same jobs men did, most in the fields. Life was tough, though women did live longer than men (58, 54)
- Women could hold political office, with several examples of female pharaohs available. There were at least 5, not including the Cleopatras and other Greek rulers.
- Women could also hold lower political office, with many being scribes.
- Women who were on their periods were considered to be removing impurities. They were excused from work and forbidden from some religious areas.
- It is worth noting that when Egypt was conquered by Greece, Egyptian women retained many more rights than their Greek counterparts.